HMRC PHONE NUMBER 0843 816 6309


0843 816 6309


Need to contact HMRC? Simply call 0843 816 6309 and speak to a helpful HMRC customer service rep who will deal with your enquiry as quickly as possible.

Contact HMRC for all problems via 0843 816 6309

The HMRC phone lines can be very busy, please be patient around peak times.


Tax Credits Telephone hmrc phone number 0843 816 6309

Due to the personal nature of Tax Credits many claimants prefer to discuss their situation one-to-one,  if you wish to contact the Tax Office directly, lines are open on a Monday to Friday from 8am until 8pm and on a Saturday from 8am until 4pm.

With an annual budget of 4.1 billion HMRC is a non-ministerial UK Government department that is responsible for collecting taxes, distributing certain state benefits and administering the national minimum wage.

They were formed in 2005 through a merger of Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise and the Inland Revenue.
Her Majesty’s Revenue And Customs (which is often abbreviated to HMRC) is a non-ministerial department of the British government.

It is responsible for collecting taxes and administering state support.It’s also instrumental in implementing things like the national minimum wage. The department was formed via a merger of the Inland Revenue and Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise. This was made under the Labour government and was spearheaded by the former Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown. It has been in effect since April 18th 2005.


Child Tax Credits Phone Number

You could receive Child Tax Credits for each child you are responsible for if they are either under 16 or under 20 and in approved training. For this type of tax credit, you don’t need to be employed but you cannot claim it alongside Universal Credit. You can get money for each child that qualifies and Child Tax Credit won’t affect your benefits. The amount that you get is dependent on your individual circumstances. Only one household can claim tax credit for a child, so take this into account if you are separated from the other parent.

What you’ll get if you are eligible

You could get a basic amount of up to £545 a year- this is the ‘family element’. You could also be eligible for extra elements on top of this, depending on things like income and circumstances.

Changes you must report to the Tax Credits office:

Your child or partner dies, child leaves home, living circumstances change e.g, you move in with a partner, get a divorce, you go abroad for 8 weeks or more, you are given a prison sentence, don’t return to work following a gap or leave of absence, are ill/in hospital for more than 28 weeks, you leave the UK permanently.

If you receive tax credits that you aren’t entitled to, you will have to repay the money and you may be fined, so it is important you report any changes in circumstances as soon as possible.

To claim tax credits, contact HMRC on 0843 816 6309. Please be patient, the phone lines can be very busy duing peak hours, you must have information such as your National Insurance number, your income for the last tax year and details of any childcare costs to hand when you Call.

For more information about the duties of Her Majesty’s Revenue And Customs, phone on 0843 816 6309

Looking for more contact numbers ? Head on over to for a full list of UK companies.

HMRCPHONENUMBER.CO.UK is a UK based phone directory and call routing service and is not affiliated with any of the businesses listed on this website.
Calls to our 0843 numbers cost 7p/minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
The official HMRC contact number for each company featured can be found in the public domain or on their official website.

1 3,079 3,080 3,081